We offer a "DIY" civil partnership dissolution package and guidance notes for ending a civil partnership in England or Wales. This can be used where circumstances are relatively straightforward as described below.
These dissolution papers are suitable for ending a civil partnership (or marriage) in England or Wales when the following conditions are met:
- you have grounds for dissolution because of unreasonable behaviour, desertion, 2 years' separation with consent or 5 years' separation;
- at least one of you lives or is domiciled in England or Wales;
- your partner is likely to agree to a divorce;
- you and your partner can agree over financial and property arrangements;
- you and your partner can agree over the access and care arrangements for your children (if appropriate).
If you cannot satisfy the above criteria you should consult a solicitor.
Depending on your income you may also have to pay a fee to the court when submitting your forms. Further information is given in the step-by-step guide
The statutory forms are also available from the HM Courts & Tribunal Services website. The same forms and process is used for dissolution of a civil partnership and an uncontested divorce.
This Dissolution Forms Package is suitable for use in England and Wales. It includes a step-by-step guide to arranging your own civil partnership dissolution, the statutory form you need to start proceedings and other official forms you may need to submit to the court during the dissolution process including:
- EX160 (included in form EX160A).