This is an AST agreement suitable for use when leasing a room within a flat or house to a tenant.
If the property has several such tenants, each tenant is responsible for their share of bills etc. This is useful in situations where it is easier to find single tenants to occupy rooms within a property where each tenant wishes to stay for different periods of time.
Please see our AST Fact Sheet for detailed information about assured shorthold tenancy agreements.
This tenancy agreement template is suitable for use in England and Wales and includes clauses covering:
- The amount of rent and deposit payable and the term of the tenancy
- Landlord's obligation to insure the property and keep wind and water-tight
- Right of landlord to charge interest on late rent payments
- Tenant's obligation to pay bills and council tax
- Tenant's obligation to keep the property and any garden in good order and repair
- To use the property for residential purposes only
- Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to others
- Not to keep pets without written permission
- Not to leave property unattended for more than 21 days without informing landlord
- Prescribed information about the tenancy deposit scheme.
This AST agreement is also included in our Tenancy Agreement Package.