This Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement is suitable for use when letting a whole flat or house to a single tenant or joint tenants. In this case the tenants are jointly and severally liable for the tenancy (i.e. all tenants are jointly responsible for payment of rent and not individual shares).
It is generally easier to manage an a property rented out in its entirety rather than room by room. See our AST Fact Sheet for more information on the legal aspects of being a landlord.
This tenancy agreement template is suitable for use in England and Wales and includes clauses covering:
- The amount of rent and deposit payable and the term of the tenancy
- Landlord's obligation to insure the property and keep wind and water-tight
- Right of landlord to charge interest on late rent payments
- Tenant's obligation to pay bills and council tax
- Tenant's obligation to keep the property and any garden in good order and repair
- To use the property for residential purposes only
- Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to others
- Not to keep pets without written permission
- Not to leave property unattended for more than 21 days without informing landlord
- Prescribed information about the tenancy deposit scheme.