This package of contains a Disciplinary and Dismissal Procedure and Policy document along with supporting template letters. The policy document sets out a basic disciplinary procedure to be adhered to by employees and describes how disciplinary offences will be dealt with.
It is particularly useful to have suitable disciplinary procedure in place since it sets clear expectation of the measures that can be imposed. This will promote fair and reasonable behaviour from both management and staff.
These documents support the Acas statutory Code of Practice on discipline and grievance which came into effect on 6 April 2009.
This Disciplinary and Dismissal Procedure Package is suitable for use in England, Wales and Scotland. The main procedure policy document covers the following:
- purpose of procedure
- use of formal and informal procedures
- standard statutory 3-step formal procedure
- definition of gross misconduct
- right of appeal.
The package also includes guidance notes on the ACAS statutory Code of Practice and the following template letters which form part of the disciplinary and dismissal process:
- Dismissal or Disciplinary Action Confirmation
- Meeting Required for Dismissal or Alternative
- Notice of Appeal Against Dismissal or Disciplinary Action
- Notice of Appeal Against Written Warning
- Notice of Disciplinary Meeting
- Notice of Result of Appeal Against Dismissal or Disciplinary Action
- Notice of Result of Appeal Against Warning
- Notice of Written Warning.