We offer a Divorce Forms package suitable for a divorce in the Sheriff Court in Scotland where the following conditions are met:
- You or your spouse are domiciled or have been resident in Scotland for at least 1 year and one of you has lived at your current address for at least 40 days before signing the application.
- You have been separated from your spouse for at least 1 year and your spouse consents to the divorce in writing, or you have been separated for 2 years or more.
- There are no children under 16.
- Neither party is claiming any financial payment.
If you cannot satisfy the above criteria you should consult a solicitor.
Depending on your income you may also have to pay a fee to the court when submitting your divorce forms. Further information is given in the step-by-step guide.
This Divorce Forms Package contains:
- astep-by-step guide to arranging your own divorce
- , statutory forms SPA or SPB to start proceedings
- Fee Exemption Form.
Depending on your income you may also have to pay a fee to the Court when submitting your forms. Further information is given in the guide.
The statutory forms are also available from the Scottish Courts and Tribunal website.