This main document in this package is the This Adoption Leave Policy and Procedure which sets out the rights of eligible employees who are adopting a child to take paid leave when a child is placed with them for adoption. The policy template sets out the minimum amounts of statutory adoption pay and leave to which employees are entitled when a child is placed for adoption within the UK or is adopted from overseas. To qualify, the employee must have been continuously employed by the company for at least 26 weeks.
The Adoption Leave Policy and Procedure is an employment document suitable for use by businesses in England, Wales and Scotland. The policy and supporting documents apply to employees who are due to have a child placed with them for adoption, or who have a child adopted from overseas entering the UK.
This Adoption Leave Procedure package is suitable for use in England, Scotland and Wales. The main policy document in the includes clauses that cover:
- period of adoption leave
- rates of statutory adoption leave pay
- periods of notice
- rights of employee during adoption leave
- rights of employee on return to work.
Other documents included in the package:
- Adoption declaration - to allow an employee to elect to receive statutory adoption pay
- Adoption letter - from the employer to employee outlining eligibility for adoption leave and pay.